Wednesday, March 10, 2010

 The bedroom.  Always a sanctuary for me.  Even as a little girl I loved slipping
into my bed after my prayers {top bunk with a short stint in the lower bunk}.
Beautiful white cotton sheets fresh and lovely.  I would think of the wonderful
events of my day and then plan my fun for the next day {after any chores}.
Today, it is pretty the much the same...
Oh, no bunk bed lol, but soft cotton sheets in pinks and whites and petit bouquets...
This is my finished duvet cover ~

P1280115

I finished fairly quickly, just set aside for a few days while I considered all of your
tips on closures. I really wanted a zipper, however such a long one was not quickly
available to me. So buttons won out. Simple, pretty, white buttons.

P1280109

I decided to use a spare, flat, pink sheet {Also Simply Shabby Chic} and
make a European size bed pillow with a large soft ruffle enveloping the square.



P1270104

So soft and inviting. I placed my crocheted pillow there on the bed, however it is
always in the family room now ~ in my "Pink Chair" :)

P1280112

Here is the link to the making of the duvet cover.
Sweet Dreams 

Hugs,
Mary

6 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Beautiful duvet cover, Mary!! Whomever it covers is sure to have sweet dreams!

Sugar Bear said...

Lovely bedding Mary. It looks so inviting I want to jump right in and take a snooze.
Karla

Michelle said...

What gorgeous bedcoverings! No wonder you love your bed so much. :)

Alison Gibbs said...

How pretty your bed looks.
Love the fabric
Alison

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Mary,

Your bed looks really pretty and how lovely the finished duvet cover is.
Also love the pretty pink European pillow and the crocheted one.
Sweet dreams.

Hugs
Carolyn

Julie Ann said...

Hi Mary! :) (I'm sending you this reply to the comment you left for me on my blog because I didn't have your email address)

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me such sweet, sweet comments!! Yes... I am a huge procrastinator!! Especially when it comes to things I don't want to do... :) Good luck winning the comforter set!! I just love that color! Oh yes, I *did* see the beautiful duvet you just made!! Those pretty little flowers spreading happy dreams! Well, if you win this one, you can have one to use while the other is getting cleaned! :)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
*Hugs*
Julie