Saturday, April 3, 2010

Today is the day, the Saturday before Easter, that my family decorated eggs.   My Mom would "cook" up a huge batch of eggs so that we all had several to decorate.  I had one  older brother and 4 younger sisters.  (We had a lot of fun!)  For our own family we had the same Saturday tradition.
I remember the very first time my daughter Caitlin  was old enough to color Easter eggs.   I was in the Kitchen with the eggs all ready, and getting the dyes in the coffee mugs ready for her.  In she comes ~ about 2 years old, with her paint brushes!!!!  She wanted to "paint" her eggs just like she saw  the "Easter Bunny" depicted doing!!!  So I let her do it this way and they turned out beautiful :)  A few years later,  my second child, Doug, liked to dunk his eggs... as much as possible :)
#34 Easter egg .... ready and waiting in the Easter basket!


#34

Links ~
Amy

Hugs,
Mary

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Mary,

I loved hearing about the tradition with your family, to decorate eggs.
Always fun to remember happy memories like this. Love the little stitched egg and basket.

Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter.

Hugs
Carolyn

suzitee said...

Now this is beautiful too...I just love your soft delicate colour palette (it is making mine feel very loud and bright LOL). We paint blown eggs too...have never dyed them, but only because I don't know how!