Wednesday, June 18, 2008

*77

Clematis
Nope, *77 is not a new night club. This info came to me from my Mom. I think it is very important so I am sharing it this way, on my blog. I hope that you never have to use it.

~~~~~PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CELL SERVICE TO SEE IF THIS *77 APPLIES TO YOUR PHONE!~~~~Thank you Heather!

I knew about the
red light on cars, but not the…

It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and
tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.

I never knew about the *77 Cell Phone Feature, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car.

Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a
Safe quiet place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them (i.e. put on your hazard lights) & call *77 like Lauren did. Too bad the cell phone companies don't generally give you this little bit of wonderful information. *Speaking
to a service representative at ** Bell ** Mobility
confirmed that *77 was a direct link to State trooper info.



Remember:
*77 (State police dispatcher)
Will not be pulling over right away
Wait for a well lighted, public area (where people are present).

sweet addition

The clematis shown in the photos is a pretty one that is growing on a large old gate behind the garage, off of the patio. I used to have a Montana Ruben which grew profusely but would not flower, a common problem my local nursery friends informed me. So I finally found this beauty, I will try to locate the name later. I chose her for the pretty pink petals and yellow centers which remind me of apple blossoms as well as the ruben. This vine is Long! She is great for growing over arbors or up trellis'.

~~~~***```TA*DAAAA```***~~~~
I will be having my week long blog celebration next week! (unless the mac falls ill again... it did freeze up last night : (
I will start it off on Monday the 23 of June! Go ahead and let your friends know :)

3 comments:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

beautiful flowers.. I want to plant more flowering vines in my yard. Its so hot here tho, I wonder if they would live.
I wanted to mention that this story is not accurate in all places.. check out the details here:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/fakecop.asp

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Scary!
Your clematis is just wonderful! My wysteria is climbing all over the place but has never bloomed...i guess I need to find out what to feed it.
Keep me posted on the celebration!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you and thank you again about the *77!!! I have heard of this happening but wasn't sure if it was a tall tale or not. I have a friend that travels on a regular basis and will be sure to pass this info along. You may have just saved 100 women from being a victim!! You are an Angel!!

Terri Lynn
Bellevue, NE