Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A whirlwind of events and emotions.
A wonderful visit from Kathy and Pete (K.C.'s sister) a few weeks ago. We all met up with our son, Doug and his girlfriend, Monica for dinner. I am not into bars or their food but this was a new Irish pub and the COMPANY was my highlight. :) We all had a great time and everyone did enjoy their dinner. Oh, Kathy and Pete are both of Irish heritage and have gone to Ireland for a wonderful trip!
Before dinner we met up in Geneva, a wonderful town also along the Fox River. We popped in and out of shops dodging the rain settling into our favorite antique shop WHERE Kathy bought me THIS~

A Special Gift

Am I lucky!? :) Yes :) They were able to spend the night with us before heading back home.

We all found ourselves on the other spectrum of emotions the past weekend. My husbands Father's wife's son, lost his wife. A beautiful memorial mass at his parish in Michigan. The priest was amazing and best of all he and Mike have a good friendship for some time now. It is nice to have such a person when you are faced with such ... loss of love.

Now back at home, I will be doing my best to visit all of you and post while I help Caitlin to get ready for the Renegade Craft Fair... almost here!


Hugs,
Mary
P.S. Is my post coming out correctly for all of you??? I see empty white boxes and... the wrong placing... of course it is correct in my "preview" box. Please let me know if all is ok or wacky with this post format.
Thank YOU

6 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Mary,

You sound to have had a busy time lately.
I love your little gift you were given.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your relative and my thoughts are with you.

Hugs
Carolyn

{oc cottage} said...

What a fun time!!!! And waaaaaay cute treat!!!

m ^..^

Sugar Bear said...

Post looks good here. What a fabulous gift!
Karla

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Hi Mary. Your post looks fine to me. I love the picture of your little gift. So sweet!! Have a wonderful weekend. : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

So darling!!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!! Huge hugs!! Britt :-)

Unknown said...

Post looks great as always. :) Hope you have a nice weekend.