Thursday, June 18, 2009

Avante

Yes, it is another before shot~ that will have an apre`s
follow-up.

Avant

I found this at an estate sale I stumbled onto with my husband. we were out on errands in a different area from our usual. My Aunt had a rocker just like this and my cousin, Carol, loved rocking in it. It is a stationary rocker... so no slip sliding away across the room.

original cushions

Cat toy (little round poof) is thrown out now and shoes... please take care of your shoes-----.

skirt

This is a nice box pleat skirt to make sure the lower mechanics of the rocker are concealed.
The back cushion is attached with snaps, I will have to change that, the lower cushion with ties.

Can I tell you how many staples were in this chair!!! There were THREE and one thirds tips around the deck and perimeter of this rocker! My fingers hurt for several days. I do mean HURT! I am trying to make the new upholstery without staples... I wonder if I can?

I am excited for the results HOWEVER I will be showing you a before and after shot of something else before this rocker is shown :) I am hoping to use some Shabby Chic fabric, IF I am lucky!!! So, PLEASE, wish me luck:)

Are you working on a project???

Hugs,
Mary

8 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Oooo oooo oooo - what are you going to do to it? I can't wait to see!
Karla

CuteStuffInside said...

Love that rocker - can't wait!

S.W.A.K.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Mary,

I look forward to seeing the new look rocker ~ what fun!

Hugs
Carolyn

train the trainer Courses said...

i do agree that "best photos or spots in our homes happen by chance"

PCovi said...

I think I've sat in that chair somewhere before...it is comfortable, isn't it?!
I do hope you find the SC fabric..that will be so pretty!

Photographer Sydney said...

so lovely chair..

Merci-Notes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have a chair just like that it was my mothers. It is sitting in a storage unit, because I am waiting to redo the chair. It is a little worn on the sides due to being loved so much. I can't wait to see what you do with this chair.