Monday, July 7, 2008

Nice Cottage Home!

cute house #5

While out and about one afternoon with Caitlin, we came across this home in a newly discovered neighborhood. A lot of beautiful old homes!

I see that they some have air conditioning. We do not use ours that much, our air. I do LOVE, love, LOve having the curtains blowing in the breeze! Movement, life, connecting us with the out of doors, the sounds of children laughing.

Here is a similar shot... just better lot view.

cute house #4

This is ONE of the side porches!  This home has a beautiful architectural element on every side!
I think I see a window box filled with PINK flowers.

The owners have a lovely corner lot... so that the features on every side can be enjoyed by "peeps' like me!
Cute House#1

Here we are rounding the corner to the front of the home. I love this sun porch! Sadly, a feature that the newer Georgian style homes do not have. Many older Georgians will also have a pergola with nice big round columns at one end of the house. Of course, lots sizes were larger then.

cute house #3

Just think of the landscaping that you could do here! Lush green is nice... but just imagine the gardens this place could have! But I do love how they have it so cozy and cottage like surrounding their beautiful home! Well done!!!

cute houses' garage

A beautiful garage!
I love looking at homes and gardens. There is inspiration to be found as well as what may not work and WHY! The "why not" is a tough pill to swallow sometimes and seeing the "why not at my house" can be helpful.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Mary

19 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Such a charming style home! I try not to use our ac either but it has been soooo humid the past week or so that I've broken that.
Karla

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is why I love home and garden tours so much, its wonderful to peek inside homes I drive by and wonder about!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Mary,
I LOOOOVE driving or walking around looking at houses and gardens. Very inspiring and you always wonder what they look like on the inside. :) All so homey and charming. Cheap fun entertainment! :) XO

sugar said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting Mary, yes the caravan was imposed in the challenge. The group is inspired by Nick Bantock, and this is modelled on his Capolan stories, or our interpretation, at any rate. I used to play at being a gypsie when I was young. These days I partake in a living history group that includes the Rom. I am having an awful lot of fun doing this challenge!

Unknown said...

I would love to live near a neighborhood like that! Such detail and I adore the mature trees! Thanks for popping by!

KarenB said...

Could this house by chance be in Batavia? It sure looks familiar. I moved to SoCal 3 years ago from Batavia. This (if it's the same one) was one of my favorites there. I see you live close by so I thought I'd ask. I'm just looking around for new interesting blogs and look what I found!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

So fun dreaming about home possibilites! I love stone and that place is gorgeous Mary :)

The Other Side of Me said...

Mary,
Thanks for sharing that home with us. It is so lovely!
Tammy

CIELO said...

Gorgeous homes, indeed! There's nothing wrong in dreaming, is there? :)

Cielo

{oc cottage} said...

Soooooooooooooooo true!

M ^..^

Nnairda's said...

Gorgeous home! I followed you from Mary Isabella's blog. I loved your corn recipe with the lime and chili powder. It sounds delightful!

Adriann

Unknown said...

Omgoodness! That home is gorgeous! (Yes...it could do without the air conditioning unit...lol!) But still...it was so beautiful I almost didn't notice!

Thanks for the offer to add my blog link...and by all means...please do! I will add yours as well and try to visit often!

Lorrie said...

Such a pretty house. I love stone - it's warm and cool and architectural and speaks of shelter and longevity. Just beautiful.

Lorrie

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!. I enjoy architecture so much and this cottage is certainly welcoming!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Mary,

Thanks for sharing that beautiful home.....Hugs......Mary

Liz Harrell said...

Oh, be still my heart! What a beautiful stone cottage!

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I stumbled upon your blog and I must say it's lovely.

I am new to blogging and just started my own blog. It's called Sunbonnet Cottage. I hope you get a chance to come by and visit. http://sunbonnetcottage.blogspot.com/

Thank you for being a blogging inspiration.

Melissa

Barbara Jacksier said...

What a lovely home. I can't wait for the leaves to fall in my neck of the woods, so I can see what's around again.